With the creation of Epicurium, a cultural and scientific centre wholly devoted to fruit and vegetables, PEIFL (the European Fruits and Vegetables Cluster) opens its doors to the general public.
Areas of focus
- Public health: informing people on the major role that fruit and vegetables play in a balanced diet
- Sustainability: raising awareness about the need to preserve our natural environment
- Culture: highlighting a rich and ancient Mediterranean culture
- Community spirit: organising encounters and exchanges between professionals, scientists and the general public
- Economics: explaining the fruit and vegetable sector’s importance for the local area
An attractive venue with varied activities
In keeping with the seasons, Epicurium invites visitors to discover the sensory, scientific and cultural dimensions of fruit and vegetables through a range of original propositions:
- a fun, interactive exhibition on fruit and vegetables, “from seed to plate”
- a nature trail with information panels, through a vegetable garden and orchard
- workshops (for adults or children) in the kitchen or garden
- a specific, tailored welcome for groups
- attractions and events all year round
Epicurium opened in June 2010 at the Cité de l’Alimentation in Avignon.
For more details: www.epicurium.fr/en/
For other information, or if you are a company interesting in partnering with Epicurium, please contact us.
Download the Epicurium presentation brochure (in English, PDF format)